Tamils account for 76million the world over. The British transported Tamils all round the world as indentured labor during colonial times. The Tamils functioned as loyal slaves of the British. Disproportionate opportunities and privileges paved the way for Tamils to mentally believe they were superior and above all others and from this has sprouted the notion for the Tamils to have a separate state. While there are hardly 2million Tamils physically living in Sri Lanka, 72million Tamils actually live in an Indian State that is referred to as State of the Tamils (Tamil Nadu) where Tamils are over 99% of the population, where Tamil language is the state language, where Tamil culture dominates, where Hinduism prevails – virtually all ingredients need for self-determination in a state that was amalgamated by the British to be called India. It is these arguments that the Tamils of Tamil Nadu started using to demand separatism from India but with India passing the pillow to Sri Lanka by creating Tamil militancy/LTTE Sri Lanka has become saddled with India’s headache. Nonetheless, carving out separate states being the newest norm of the capitalist West outcome of which Kosovo came about in 2008 the latest attempt is Tamil Eelam but there are serious lessons for Tamils themselves to learn from. They first need to come down a peg or two from cheering an eelam to wondering if Eelam will become a nightmare as the Kosovars are now discovering with no return too!
Yugoslavia was broken into 7 states : Croatia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Macedonia and Kosovo.
Kosovo independence came in 2008. Kosovo Prime Minister Hashim Thaci is part of a criminal syndicate. The PDK, led by Hashim Thaci was a former Kosovan Liberation Army commander. US, the EU and the UN supported him and continue to do so. The Heritage Foundation and similar other global thinktanks support the KLA-KDP, despite its criminal connections. According to Serbian Justice Minister Vladan Batic, “the prosecution at the Hague war crimes tribunal has over 40,000 pages of evidence against former Kosovo Liberation Army leader Hashim Thaci, (quoted by Radio B92, Belgrade, 3 July 2003).
In April 2000, US Secretary of State Madeleine Albright “ordered The Hague chief prosecutor Carla del Ponte to omit from the list of war crime suspects Hashim Thaci” (Tanjug, 6 May 2000). Carla del Ponte subsequently claimed that there was not enough evidence to indict Thaci on war crimes. .
Madeline Albright and KLA leader Thaci
Just as in the case of Sri Lanka a well planned and funded set of lies enabled the disintegration of Yugoslavia and the creation of independent states that were perfect for the West to advance their agendas and get their hands on resources that would make a handful rich.
It is only after the damage is one and when there is no chances to reverse that the lies are coming out in a self-boasting by the villains!
A documentary by Jonathan Dimbleby in 2000 confirms MEDIA LIED on behalf of the US/NATO. Media lied that there were ‘ethnic cleansing’ of the Kosovar Albanians creating the public opinion that NATO had the right to bomb and militarily intervene (doesn’t it question the lies by MEDIA on behalf of West with regard to Sri Lanka!)
US/NATO used MEDIA to led the world to believe ethnic cleansing took place. So far only 2000 bodies have been recovered. Doesn’t that question the chorus of 40,000 to 125,000 claimed to be dead & missing in Sri Lanka without giving so much as a single name.
Rambouillet Accords were drafted with the hidden intention of creating separate states & questions the present plethora of bogus resolutions against Sri Lanka by the same players that created Kosovo. What kind of Accord inserts provision allowing NATO freedom of movement not only in Kosovo but throughout Serbia with complete immunity from all Yugoslav laws (watch out for such an inclusion in Sri Lanka’s case for the same US/NATO forces)
Ninety per cent of Kosovo's population is made up of ethnic Albanians. At the end of the conflict in 1999 many ethnic Serbs were pushed out of Kosovo, but not all of them left. About 100,000 remained behind (recall the thousands of Sinhalese & Muslims chased out of the North by the LTTE – why was the world silence on the ethnic cleansing by Tamils)
Current situation of independent Kosovo
- Half of Kosovo's 1.8 million people are 25 or younger. More than 30,000 enter the job market yearly but only 8000 find work.
- Only 75 out of 192 states have recognized Kosovo independence
- Russia claims it will not allow the cancelation of UN Resolution 1244, which confirms Serbia's territorial integrity
- International isolation : Afghani passport holders can cross 22 borders without restrictions, while Kosovars can only travel to five countries visa-free: Turkey, Albania, Montenegro, Macedonia, and Haiti.
- Unemployment in Kosovo highest in Europe – 45%
- half of Kosovo's citizens struggle to survive on social benefits of less than $2 per day.
- Kosovo economy in shambles : Domestic commerce documents are not recognized overseas due to the lack of diplomatic relations.
- Kosovo imports goods and services worth around $200 million from neighboring countries such as Serbia and Bosnia-Herzegovina, it is impossible for Kosovo to reciprocate exports because Kosovo is not recognized.
- West is no longer nice guy : Goods from Kosovo brought into the market of the European Union will be subject to extra tariffs. Kosovo’s once friends are now only concerned about business & profit!
- Kosovo has no international postal or telephone code. Mobile phone calls are channeled through Slovenia or Monaco at considerable expense.
- Kosovo cannot receive its own web IP address, inhibiting online purchasing, Internet banking, and national cybersecurity.
- Kosovo athletes cannot even join international sports associations.
- Kosovo is being slowly privatized. Properties were being offered for sale as if they were the holdings of politicians, rather than the resources of all Kosovo residents. Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright is attempting to buy Kosovo Telecom.
- Kosovo has become a prostitute/smuggling and human trafficking hub (both areas that LTTE and Sri Lanka’s North has been notorious for)
- U.S. military base in Kosovo was constructed in 1999 without consulting with the government of Serbia and is the largest U.S. military base built outside of the U.S. If Kosovo has been given independence why is there need for 17,000 UN ‘peacekeepers’ to remain?
If Kosovo is the EU’s Iraq, Eelam will become West’s gateway to balkanize the 3 giants of Asia. To bring this initiative to its grand conclusion is the inclusion of the man responsible for Kosovo Independence who is now one of the 3 members of the UNHRC panelhttp://www.lankaweb.com/news/
items/2014/06/27/navi-pillai- appoints-martti-ahtisaari- bribed-by-albanian-mafia-to- deliver-kosovo-independence- to-investigate-sri-lanka/
Who wanted Kosovo liberation, who got it and who is benefitting from it and was it really worth it in the end are questions that the Tamils living in Sri Lanka need to ask themselves in particular those living in the North. A separate state in the North means that they will not be welcome in the rest of Sri Lanka. Just as Kosovars are now isolated internationally economically disabled, internationally cut off and even those that helped them get independence giving a cold shoulder the exact same is likely to happen to the Tamils. More dangerous is the realization of the vision of the current Sri Lankan Prime Minister for a road/rail link to India which will mean the end of Sri Lankan Tamils in phase 1 and thereafter a total invasion colonization of Sri Lanka by India and end of the Sinhalese race in Sri Lanka.
With the West’s use of Islamic terrorism, the seeds are already planted for scores of future conflicts all of which will fill the purses of westerners and the local bastards enjoying making profits from facilitating the killing of their own people.
Do we really need to walk into such dismal times when we should be learning from the mistakes and manipulations taking place under our very own eyes.
Kosovo’s liberators were identical as the LTTE. The political party that holds reign in independent Kosovo is no different to the LTTE representatives the TNA. While Kosovars are now in a state of shock, vulnerable, fearful and in poverty the Tamils are continuing to vote for the TNA despite so many warnings given to them. Should Tamils listen or take instructions from the Tamil Diaspora all of whom hold foreign passports and are not citizens of Sri Lanka?
Let the Tamils of Sri Lanka realize at least now the mistake they are making in stubbornly pursuing a separate state when they should realize that the state to be declared independent is to advance the West’s geopolitical designs and have nothing to do with wanting to help Tamils. Tamils should also realize that they have used the discrimination and genocide themes beyond any level of tolerance.
by Shenali Waduge